Sought-after French model Annabelle Belmondo turned heads when she represented her grandfather, iconic actor Jean-Paul Belmondo, at the opening ceremony of the Cannes Film Festival 2018.
This steadfast vegan is a healthy lifestyle enthusiast thanks to her Californian childhood and has long sought out beauty products in line with her wholesome ethos. She has found what she was looking for with PATYKA, a brand with the same unique vision of beauty, where ethics, excellence and effectiveness are inseparable.
Watch the whole campaign:
A strong belief that beauty must be ethical
PATYKA’s ethics revolve around creating products which are vegan, 100% organic and aren’t tested on animals.
All PATYKA products are:
- Certified as organic by independent, internationally recognised body Ecocert, meaning that every product has to meet the strict Ecocert standards. This is what differentiates cosmetics certified as organic, and those labelled as “natural” which are not subject to independent audit by a certifying body and where often the only “green” aspect is the packaging!
- Cruelty-free, meaning they aren’t tested on animals.
- Vegan*, meaning they don't contain any animal ingredients (*except for the Antioxidant Smoothing Cream Universal Texture and Sacred Lotus Face Cream which both contain beeswax).
“PATYKA’s approach matches my own ethics. It's important that the products I use aren’t tested on animals and respect the environment.” Annabelle
This means that in PATYKA products you will never find:
- Chemical ingredients which could be harmful to health: silicones, parabens, polymers, phthalates, PEGs, fatty alcohols, solvents, mineral oils or waxes, etc.
- Plant ingredients grown using pesticides.
- Additives, synthetic fragrances, artificial preservatives or colours.
Organic without compromising on effectiveness
PATYKA is a brand which doesn’t make any compromises: it creates beauty products which are effective, lovely to use and ethical. No sacrifices here!
What makes PATYKA products so effective?
- The formulas contain outstanding botanical active ingredients in the form of extracts from plants grown organically. Plant species are carefully selected and only the active part of the plant is used (root, leaf, etc.). PATYKA is always on the lookout for rare plants with exceptional properties and travels the globe to unearth them. It forms partnerships with agricultural co-operatives to ensure that production is of the best quality and as sustainable as possible.
- Products also contain biotechnological actives that come from a natural reaction between a plant and living microorganisms (bacteria, yeast).
"Effectiveness comes from scientific expertise. At PATYKA, it’s about selecting fantastic ingredients and using biotechnology. And I can see the results on my skin." Annabelle
To avoid chemical solvents, PATYKA uses environmentally friendly extraction techniques which are certified as organic.
Formulas are tested by an independent laboratory to clinically prove that they are effective.
All PATYKA products are made in the Lyon region of France.
Their packaging is also produced in France. For example, the boxes are made in Burgundy and open out origami-style. They are also environmentally friendly (they use vegetable-based inks and don’t have glue points or excessive paper or plastic packaging).
"Excellence lies in real know-how and the little details. At PATYKA, all products are manufactured in France. Their packaging is innovative and environmentally friendly. " Annabelle
Most ingredients are also sourced in France, with the exception of a few outstanding botanical actives with particularly interesting properties which come from further afield, such as prickly pear and Nepalese spikenard.
PATYKA fragrances are 100% natural and concocted by master perfumers. The scents they create are subtle, elegant and delicate.